Molokai General Hospital is looking for a Full-Time Information Services Coordinator. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the overall management of the Information Systems (IS) Department to include planning and development of Hospital wide data communications networks and diverse information services projects involving multiple hardware platforms. The Information Services Coordinator evaluates, analyzes plans, approves, supports, and monitors services related to the development implementation and efficient use of hardware and software products and computer networking systems.
Molokai General Hospital is a 15-bed rural health care facility with a Critical Access Hospital designation. It provides the only emergency room for the residents and visitors on the island of Molokai. MGH became a part of The Queen’s Health Systems in 1987 and provides acute care, inpatient hospice, skilled nursing, and low-risk obstetrical services. It also offers primary care in a rural health clinic, chemotherapy, limited specialty procedures, diabetes management, family planning, physical therapy (including aquatic therapy), veteran’s services and chronic disease navigation services.
Are you looking for an enriched cultural experience? Working at Molokai General Hospital means having the opportunity to provide quality health care and improve the well-being of the entire Molokai community. Come and discover the resources, support, and opportunity you need to build the career you’ve always wanted.
Molokai is the fifth largest island in the Hawaiian chain. It is unspoiled, reminiscent of old Hawaii, abundant with natural beauty, and boasts the longest white sand beach in Hawaii.
I. JOB SUMMARY/RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the overall management of the Information Systems (IS) department to include planning and development of Hospital wide data communications networks and diverse information services projects involving multiple hardware platforms.
• Evaluates, analyzes plans, approves, supports, and monitors services related to the development implementation and efficient use of hardware and software products and computer networking systems.
II. TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Essential: Seeing, hearing, speaking, standing, sitting, walking, stooping/bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, squatting, twisting body, finger dexterity, lifting weight of 20 pounds to 80 pounds, pushing and pulling usual weight of 40 pounds to 100 pounds, carrying usual weight of 5 pounds to 40 pounds, reaching above shoulders, reaching at shoulders, reaching below shoulders, repetitive arm and hand motions, static gripping of an object for prolonged periods, frequent gripping of an object.
• Continuous: Seeing, hearing.
• Operates all office equipment and shop tools.
III. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
• Both inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme heat and cold (temperature and duration), noise and/or vibration, hazardous physical conditions, atmospheric conditions which affect the respiratory system or the skin.
IV. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science: or four (4) years computer related experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
• Valid U.S. driver’s license required in accordance with Hawaii state law rules and regulations.
• In addition to the educational requirement, two (2) years hospital specific computer related experience.
• Experience in project management preferred.
• Prior training experience desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
Location/Region: Kaunakakai, HI