The Royal Lahaina Resort offers a fun and rewarding business environment with opportunities for career advancement and a true sense of `Ohana, and is committed to provide a workplace free from alcohol and other drug abuse.
Produce a breathtaking celebration of traditional Hawaiian, Tahitian, Samoan and Maori music and dance, creating a high-energy performance Guests are sure to treasure for years to come. Responsible for the entire cultural experience, Luau Dancers engage guests in traditional artisan activities and perform choreographed numbers they need to be able to expertly execute.
The ideal candidate has a background of 1 to 2 years experience in formal dance instruction, preferably in Polynesian dance, with a high level of stamina and athleticism. Searching for a candidate with strong verbal communication skills, a natural aptitude for guest service, a positive and upbeat attitude, and the ability to interact effectively and courteously with Guests and other Employees.
The ideal candidate is also someone with the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to perform various Polynesian dance styles while maintaining cultural authenticity.
- Ability to commit choreography to memory and perform numbers with correct timing and aesthetic appeal.
- Speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Available and willing to work a variety of shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to occasionally lift 5 - 20 lbs.
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather including extreme temperatures and high humidity.
- Team player able to work under minimal supervision.
- Neat and professional appearance, a genuine Spirit of Aloha. and a desire to work with the public.
- As a condition of employment, candidate must be able to satisfy all pre-employment screenings such as criminal background checks.
Competitive benefits including health, dental and vision insurance. Paid vacation, holidays and sick benefits.