HI Maui - Kahului B001
The classification of this position is broad and assigned specific functional areas; duties and assignments may overlap depending on the operational needs of the department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
% of Time
· Works within allotted Maintenance department budgets to design, implement and instruct training programs for the Maintenance department employees while providing a basis for standardization between the island shops. Provide support to the Maintenance Managers on training issues/schedules.
· Schedule and coordinate vendor provided in and/or out of house training of technicians assigned to the department.
· Development and administration of “10 minute” training modules.
· Develop and maintain training records in accordance with applicable company requirements. Provide departmental proof of currency with training requirements to various auditing entities.
· Identify and assess training needs within the organization by conferring with managers, supervisors, employees and conduct surveys to evaluate training effectiveness. Maintain awareness on new industry related training technologies and material.
· Understand and have a working knowledge of the requirements of the Air Repair Training Manual while maintaining its currency to the changing requirements of the organization as well as the applicable CFR requirements and Quality Control Manual.
· Maintain departmental relationships to develop new systems and identify cost saving measures.
· Communicate and work effectively with all company departments and managers for a seamless training program
· Serves as a technical resource for the department and assists with the interpretation of regulations as they pertain to training requirements.
· Other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
· Regular scheduled attendance
· Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling
Subject to applicable laws and Blue Hawaiian’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Blue Hawaiian’s employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Blue Hawaiian will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certified instructor training and two (2) to five (5) years related experience and/or training in aviation; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations and personalities
- Must be able to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work required to interface effectively with all levels of the company as well as external customers and regulatory agencies.
- Candidate must have ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Must be a team player with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Aircraft maintenance and tooling / support equipment experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ramco software system preferred
- Aircraft Maintenance Manual Systems
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Airframe and Power Plant License
- FCC Avionics License preferred
- IA preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
Our talented workforce of close to 4,000 employees includes the best in the air medical industry. We believe our status as the industry leader and the importance we place on our mission statement and eight core values allow us to attract the highest level of talented professionals.
Air Methods provides a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees including Full Company Paid Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Business Travel Accident Insurance, as well as Employee Assistance and Benefit Concierge Service Programs. Other benefits available include Health, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Account Benefit Plans, Voluntary Legal and Life and AD&D Insurance, 401(k) Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Relocation Assistance.