The Luau Wait Help position plays an intricate part in achieving a high standard of overall level of service for our Malihini and Kamaaina visitors to The Myths of Maui luau. A welcoming demeanor, attention to detail, and expeditious service is what is required for this position. Ensures compliance with all laws and regulations related to the service of alcohol. Daily tasks consist of welcoming guests, actively listening and making suggestions on beverage selections from the luau bar, escorting guests to the buffet line and promptly clearing soiled items. Strives to maintain health code standards of food handling.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong communication skills, a natural aptitude for guest service, a positive attitude, and the ability to effectively coordinate service. Previous experience in food & beverage service required, with strong preference of previous experience servicing large-scale banquet events.
The following skills and abilities are required:
- Speak, read and write in the English language.
- Available to work a minimum of 2 shifts per week.
- Team player who is able to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods and engage in considerable physical activity on a consistent basis.
- Ability to lift food and beverage trays on a continuous basis, weighing approximately twenty (20) pounds.
- Knowledge of beer, wine and spirits and responsible service guidelines.
- Able to multi-task by placing and delivering multiple orders at the same time.
- Neat and professional appearance, a genuine Spirit of ALOHA and the desire to serve.
- TB Clearance required.
- As a condition of employment you must be able to satisfy all pre-employment screenings such as criminal background checks.
Hawaiian Hotels & Resorts, a division of Pleasant Travel Service, L.L.C. is a privately held family organization committed to the selection, growth and development of highly motivated, talented professionals. Hawaiian Hotels & Resorts offers a fun and rewarding business environment with opportunities for career advancement and a true sense of `Ohana, and is committed to provide a workplace free from alcohol and other drug abuse.
Competitive benefits offered including health, dental and vision insurance. Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.