Northeast Cincinnati Pediatrics has a full time position available in its Mason office.
Hours will vary and will include a Saturday rotation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Front Desk Staff are the "gate-keeper's" for the office. All visitors and patients are provided excellent customer service upon entering the office or checking in for an appointment. A wide variety of tasks are performed by the front desk staff, i.e., all patient information & data collection, scanning of insurance cards and patient health information (PHI), receiving account payment and co-pays, fielding all incoming phone calls, and assisting patients to check-in through our two system EMR process; Prime Suite /Phreesia Pre-Visit check in. Front desk staff are responsible for maintaining a flow of communication with the clinical staff about any patient concerns and/or daily schedule issues impacting the providers' patient flow.
- Answers all incoming phone calls, utilizing a multiline phone system. Responding to patient requests to schedule appointments, provide medical history information when requested by patient/ parent/caregiver when appropriate and create electronic messages to the nurses/providers as necessary.
- Provide necessary patient forms and provide assistance/education when needed to support office and HIPAA policies.
- Notifying Providers/MA's when patient require "Interpreter Services".
- Responsible to know the individual scheduling guidelines of each provider for every appointment type, scheduling all appointments accordingly in a timely manner.
- Participates in the personal contacting of over-due patients for Check Up's, Immunizations and/or Flu Shots.
- Update all patient demographic information on a continual basis through multiple avenues of patient contact.
- Initiating the electronic reminder call process on same day scheduled patients.
- Monitors the Patient Messaging Portal every day continually for appointment requests, calling patients to schedule, reschedule or cancel accordingly. Continually reads "errors" in the notifications, following up with those patients to correct the errors in all systems.
- Assuring all scheduled patients have the necessary documents scanned in their charts prior to their visit.
- Responsible for verifying the past medical records of all patients are in place as required, contacting patients as necessary, making arrangements to obtain
- Communicates throughout the day with staff from other office locations as necessary for best patient care.
- Responsible to collect all co-pays, planned payments from parents as indicated in their account.
- Balancing of days collections from the check in process.
- Sort, & distribute all incoming mail
- Assures availability of all provider business cards, magnets and/or office hand outs for office directions etc.,
- Monitoring stock of general office supplies and all office printed materials.
- Access medical information in patients electronic medical record when patients request it as appropriate.
- Operates in multiple software programs, Microsoft Office Word, email communication in Outlook, Prime Suite and Patient Portal.
- Participate in training on EMR dual check in processes i.e., Prime Suite/ Phreesia - Pre Visit Check In and any other additional trainings which would support this role in their daily operations.
- Attend quarterly All Staff Meetings and scheduled department meetings.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Maintain compliance with all HIPAA regulations and federal/state laws for the protection of patient health information.
- Monitoring and care for the patient lobby "general appearance" at all times, straightening and cleaning as necessary
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Familiar with multi line phone systems helpful.
- Works well with patients/families, health care providers and other authorized entities to provide best patient care.
- Ability to multitask within the context of front desk responsibilities in a highly charged sometimes stressful environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers in a calm professional manner.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Skilled in the operation of a variety of office machines i.e., Copier/fax/postage machines, scanners and building access alarm system.
- Skilled in multiple window computer programs.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- High school diploma or GED required
- Willingness to work as needed in multiple office locations in a variety of shifts with occasional evening and Saturday shifts
- Excellent organizational & time management skills with attention to detail; possessing strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time being attentive & available to patient needs.
About this company
Northeast Cincinnati Pediatric Associates, Inc. is dedicated to serving the community with the highest quality of pediatric medical care. We place an emphasis on creating a unique blend of clinical expertise and compassion to promote a positive relationship between families, physicians and nurse practitioners, as well as office staff.
Northeast Cincinnati Pediatric Associates, Inc., has three convenient locations available for our patients: Blue Ash, Landen, and Lebanon. Each office is open during regular workdays hour throughout the week; in addition, the Landen office holds extended weeknight and weekend hours.
Northeast Cincinnati Pediatric Associates, Inc. believes in the value of its employees, who are central to the success of the practice. Northeast strives to promote a positive, professional and courteous working environment where cooperation and respect will lead to compassion and individual concern.
Location/Region: Cincinnati, OH (US)