THE OUTLETS AT MAUI - LAHAINA
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Store Manager is responsible for creating and managing a team of customer service and product knowledge experts who are committed to building and sustaining long-term relationships with our clients by providing an environment that promotes a joyful Brand experience. They are responsible for the overall operation and performance of the store, which includes sales, merchandising, operations, staff selection and supervision, employee development, loss prevention and expense control. The Store Manager is fully accountable for driving sales and profitability while supervising associates and directing all aspects of store operations. Our Store Managers must adhere to all company guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws to ensure efficient daily operations. They establish high standards of performance and act as a role model in exhibiting those standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Exemplify our Core Values and support our Operating Principles.
• Cultivate and maintain a results-driven culture.
• Ensures store meets or exceeds sales and profit goals; holds team accountable to achieve goals.
• Measures sales performance through weekly coaching sessions; utilize Friedman Performance tools.
• Prioritize, plan and adjust schedules to meet business goals/current trends.
• Attract, develop and retain the finest people to build a talent pipeline to achieve current and future business goals.
• Train and motivate all associates through on-going programs in sales, customer service, product knowledge and POS.
• Develop management team to assume increased levels of responsibility.
• Assess performance and provide on-going feedback; Complete and deliver performance appraisals.
• Ensure team provides an joyful customer experience in the store to achieve Brand standards.
• Promotes Brand within community through local marketing strategies.
• Establish and maintain a safe work environment and ensure ongoing safety training and awareness.
• Ensure store standards are met and maintained, i.e., demos, visuals, cleanliness, signage, safety, etc.
• Facilitates an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect.
• Work with District Manager/Regional Manager and peers to develop best practices in store management.
• Be good stewards of resources and protect Company assets in all actions.
• Minimum 2 years management experience in specialty retail management or hospitality management.
• Proven ability to manage staff to exceed sales goals, while meeting profitability goals.
• Proven ability to identify top talent and build high performing teams; train/develop/retain great people.
• Proven ability to allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
• Effective communication, organization and leadership skills.
• Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
• Proven ability to achieve results both independently and through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork, empowerment and collaboration.
• Proven ability to develop strategies and execute successfully.
• Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
• Availability to work two closing shifts per week; minimum of three Saturdays and two Sundays per month; annual inventory; key promotional periods, including the holiday season (November and December).
• Flexibility to work in various roles based on business needs.
• Ability to lift and mobilize items, up to 50lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
• May require occasional overnight travel.
EDUCATION: College degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
REPORTS TO: District Manager