Under the direction of the Director Property Operations and the Compliance Manager, the Compliance Specialist supports the Regional Property Managers and Community Managers with overall compliance monitoring of the communities. The monitoring will include oversight of continuous file reviews as well as the annual file audit process as well as, communications and coordination with Regional Property Managers, and community staff through all aspects of the file review process.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of affordable housing regulations and acts as a resource on regulatory compliance Seeks relevant industry knowledge through various sources, including publications, webinars/seminars, conferences and research.
- Stays up-to-date with legislation, regulations and issues that may impact community management operations; disseminates relevant information, as appropriate to support
- Applies IRS and HUD regulations for federal housing programs administered by Housing Finance Agencies and other program funding agencies for
- Provides regulatory advice and interpretation in developing company policies, procedures and monitoring systems for affordable housing
- Assists in developing internal department controls and policies designed to check that all compliance requirements are
- Attends Affordable industry meetings and other regulatory agency meetings as required and
- Daily monitoring to ensure that all tenant/community files are in good order by reviewing tenant certifications/re-certifications and all related
- Ability to provide RealPage support and compliance training as
- Travel to training sessions as applicable – less than 10%
Location/Region: Denver, CO (US - 80202)