JOB OVERVIEW: Within the scope of licensing as an RN and APRN, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) will provide general medical care, assessments, evaluation, treatment and some minor surgery for patients. In collaboration with the Medical Director, contributes to the clinic's daily operations and management of staff. LCHC is a patient care, teaching and research organization and also provides workshops, education sessions and outreach – all employees should expect to be involved with these activities the extent to which will depend upon their position in the organization. Prefer Ilocano speaking candidate. REQUIRED: Family Nurse Practitioner Certification or Board Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Renders medical care to patients including examination, diagnosis, treatment and referral to appropriate health providers or agencies. All medical care will be provided under the established policies, procedures and protocols of Lanai Community Health Center
- Examines patient to determine general physical condition.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and of examination, and diagnoses condition.
- Administers or prescribes treatments and drugs.
- Inoculates and vaccinates patients to immunize them against communicable diseases.
- Advises patients concerning diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Reports births, deaths, and outbreak of contagious diseases to governmental authorities as appropriate.
- Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
- On occasion makes house, hospital and emergency calls to attend to LCHC patients unable to visit office or clinic.
- Conducts physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, consideration for jobs, or eligibility for insurance coverage.
- Coordinates with other providers 24 hour coverage for LCHC patients.
- Communicates with others regarding patient status and progress to provide education, guidance, case management and follow-up.
- Ensures patient confidentiality and HIPAA regulations are followed.
- Employs cultural and linguistic approaches necessary to communicate effectively with patients.
- Maintains accurate and thorough medical records through chart documentation. Completes medical forms as required by Lanai Community Health Center policy.
- Ensures compliance with Lana`i Community Health Center policy and procedures as outlined in the Lana`i Community Health Center Employee Handbook.
- Keeps informed of and complies with all occupational safety guidelines. Takes all reasonable precautions to prevent accidental injury on the jo
- Participates in staff meetings and conferences and attends all training sessions as assigned.
- Maintains accurate and thorough medical records through chart documentation; utilizes the electronic medical record in a meaningful use manner.
- Practices and espouses the LCHC patient care philosophy: All Inclusive culturally sensitive Patient Centered Medical Home care integrated with behavioral health, outreach, and case management.
- Completes medical forms as required by Lanai Community Health Center policy. Carries out other related duties as required and assigned by the Medical Director and/or Executive Director.
- Participates actively in education and training programs for students rotating through LCHC.
- Participates in outreach, school and community education and workshop presentations.
- Participates actively in research projects, including providing patient care in accordance with research project protocol, promoting participating, data collection and analysis, reporting writing, and the like.
Location/Region: Lanai City, HI (US - 96763)